How to Apply for Benefits
Ready to Apply
When you are ready to apply for benefits, you can do so online by visiting our benefits portal. There, you will be able to create an account and submit a claim for benefits.
- Select “not registered” to set up your new account.
- Under Option 2, select “create an account” and agree to the privacy agreement.
- Proceed to enter the necessary information to register and file a claim.
We encourage you to use our benefits application portal to file a claim. If you are unable to apply online, please call our contact center at (202) 899-3700.
Click to download our PFL Employee Handbook for additional information about qualifying events and the program.
What Happens After You Apply
- OPFL will contact you within 10 business days. During those 10 days, OPFL staff will review your application and notify your employer that you have filed a claim. After OPFL has made a decision on your claim, OPFL will notify you about your claim in the preferred method you selected in your application (by email or postal mail).
- How will I receive my benefits payments? Once you are approved, you will receive benefits payments, either by direct deposit or prepaid debit card, depending on the method you selected while filing a claim.