2022 Employee Worksite Notice
In the Fall of each year, the Department of Employment Services (DOES) publishes an updated notice. Employers are required to replace all previously posted versions of the notice with the updated version by the following February 1. This means that the updated notice now available must be posted and displayed by February 1, 2023. However, you are encouraged to provide this notice early to make your employees aware of the availability of recently expanded leave benefits.
Please download the updated notice from our website, then post and maintain it in a conspicuous place at all worksites with covered employees. The PFL Employee Notice can be downloaded using the link below.
In addition to posting the notice, you are required to provide the PFL Employee Notice to covered employees at the following times:
- To an individual employee within thirty (30) days of the employee’s hiring;
- Annually to all covered employees; and
- To an individual employee when you receive direct notice from that employee that leave for a qualifying event is needed.
An employer who violates this notice requirement may be assessed a civil penalty:
- Not to exceed one hundred dollars ($100) for each covered employee to whom individual notice was not delivered; and
- One hundred dollars ($100) for each day that the covered employer fails to post the Notice in a conspicuous place at each worksite.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 202-899-3700.